Thursday, February 28, 2013

ISFiT from the eyes of a participant

This post was written by Anastasia from Russia, a participant of ISFiT 2013.


Ten days of ISFiT have passed like one single moment, and it was a moment that changed my views and my future—changed me. For ten days I lived in a wonderful world; a world, where 116 nationalities peacefully shared common ideas and dreams. We were so different and so similar at the same time! We were different and could teach each other, yet we were similar and could work together and be understanding.

And through this strong cooperation we learned a lot. I’m sure that everyone had an amazing experience of the workshops, cultural exchange and lectures. I for one want to share more about our Health and Wealth workshop activities. Thanks to our awesome Workshop Leaders Maren, Marit, Mari and Max (we called them Four M’s) and our beautiful Workshop Contact Hallgjerd we enjoyed every moment of our studies in ISFiT. Together we discussed problems with health care in our countries, argued about hot topics such as medical ethics, and played role games in order to find a solution to a particular health problem.

We tried to listen to each other and understand every one’s opinion. I learned much from my group-mates, who were all doctors, nurses and brilliant students. I study finance, so at first I was afraid that I didn’t have much to contribute with. But now I see that you don’t need a special degree to help people in their need, you just have to care and try to do your best with what you have.

ISFiT was a small planet, where everything that we dreamed about was possible. And now I strongly believe that everything that was possible on the ISFiT-planet is possible all over the world. We can live in peace.  We can share and care.  We only needed about 450 volunteers.

The Health and Wealth Workshop. Photo: foto.samfundet.no

1 comment:

  1. Hey.. and what about a picture of the FOOD WORKSHOP?

    ReplyDelete